Monday 7 December 2015

Party season - fun and stressful!

I'm having a lot of fun this party season, I'm feeling happier about the way I look and so enjoying the events more. Especially with the complements I'm receiving.




I don't know whether it is the weather, but today I'm feeling a little down and pressured as my third social event for Christmas is this evening (which I am looking forward to)!

I've already had two naughty days (Friday and Saturday) and yesterday I wasn't naughty, but didn't eat below my calories to compensate. I shouldn't feel guilty for this and I should just move on, but I have to say it is not always easy to make the body feel what the mind knows it should!

So, I'm going to try and convince myself that I am still doing good in a list:
  1. I did limit myself at the xmas party on Friday
    • I chose the better options (i.e. turkey)
    • I didn't hover up the macaroons
    • I didn't eat the not nice cheesecake (that wouldn't have stopped me in the past - I still would have eaten it!)
  2. On Saturday, I ate well in the day to compensate for the evening, but I did go bad in the evening. I have to remember, that in the past I would have eaten normally then still gone all out in the evening. So this is a win.
  3. On Sunday I only ate 1410 kcal. This is 30kcal over goal, but rather than lying on the sofa for the day
    • I did some cleaning and I sorted all my paperwork - this is a win - I'm being more active and doing things I've put off for a long time
  4. I'm making myself accountable on here
So yes, I was a bit naughty compared to the diet, but I was better than I was in the past!

I need to remember my own rules in my post 'Starting my journey with Jane Plan'
  • Don't beat yourself up;
  • Alter your behaviour as best you can;
  • Be better, it doesn't have to be perfect; and
  • Make up for it afterwards.
I suppose the last one is the one I'm struggling with due to the frequency of these events. I only have 3 days after today until the next! I think that I need to not try and come under my kcal on the days in between, but just stick to them. That will take the pressure off.

I'd love to hear how you are coping with the party season?



No comments:

Post a Comment