Saturday 2 April 2016

No April fool here

So...I hit a bump in the road. I have really struggled this month. On, off, on, off the plan. I've eaten every type of takeaway I've craved in the last 7 months. I've eaten 2 tubs of Ben and Jerry's and an Easter egg.

That's GOT to be behind me now. I was expecting half a stone on so 4lb on over the month given all the above is actually not devastating. 

I had a really good talk with my nutritionist yesterday. I really do think she is a big part of my success so far. 

I've struggled with my mindset all the way through this; thinking how much I need to do, not looking at what I've done already. I need to re-evaluate. My nutritionist helped me set some goals for the week. I need to focus on the now. It seems much more do-able when you think of what you have to do in a week than a year or the end goal. 

However, there's always a curveball. I planned with my aunt who's visiting this weekend how I can stick to my calories over the weekend. But, while I was on the exercise bike last night, I was talking to a work friend who said a sweet lady at work is making my favourite cake for me!! So I had to stay on the bike long enough to pay for it (would be rude not to have a slice!) and change what I'd already set out for my food for the day. I changed my soup from the 300kcal cheese and broccoli to the 137 kcal leek and potato. That'll make up for most of it!

So...my plan for now is to take it week by week. I also have to remember I can earn kcals. If I slip up I need to remember those rules from my blog Starting my Journey with Jane Plan. 

  • Don't beat yourself up;
  • Alter your behaviour as best you can;
  • Be better, it doesn't have to be perfect; and
  • Make up for it afterwards.

They really are good rules and I need to remind myself of them more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment