Thursday 26 November 2015

A little nervous about the night off the Jane Plan at Boqueria Tapas

I'm so excited to see my friends tonight, but it's also making me a little nervous. Just had a look at the menu and pre-diet I would have been so excited (Boqueria Tapas). One thing I do these days is to make 2 choices - what would I have eaten (pre-diet) and what I'm going to eat. I think it helps me to see where the weight came from. One day I'll need to learn to eat somewhere in the middle of the two, but that's some time away yet.

So, I would have eaten:
  • Calamari - this was one of my faves with lashings of sauce;
  • Chorizo;
  • Octopus; and
  • Pig with lemon sorbet (I would have wanted to try something weird like this).
I would of course have managed a desert too!

So, tonight I am looking at:
  • Seabass; or
  • Rice with squid and mussels
But I'm not even sure that they are OK...I will have to ask the staff and hope they know the menu! alternatively, I'll eat as little as possible and I can always top up with a miso soup when I get home.

According to MyFitnessPal I have 958kcal remaining, so I could have a slim G and T, a glass of red and I'll still have quite a few kcal to play with.

If I mess up, I'm not going to worry - I can make up in the next few days.

I'm getting the hang of this now. I also went out last night to the cinema. I ate dinner before going (well actually I had switched lunch and dinner round yesterday) and at the cinema I had a small diet coke (which was the size of a house) and I had taken my own popcorn at 58kcal a bag from Tesco...I treated myself to 2 bags! In addition we went for a coffee afterwards and I, cheekily, ate my Jane Plan Luxury Chocolate Bar while my friend had a caramel shortbread. I was only slightly jealous! (I'm quite a jealous person, so this really was an achievement).

OK, well I'll report back on how I manage tonight later.

Lbs lost: 29
Lbs to go: 91 still...

Update:

So what I actually ate was:

* paella with prawn and muscle 
* calamari. 

I'm feeling bad about the calamari because it actually wasn't that tasty so I should have stopped rather than finishing. On the plus side I didn't finish the dip and I didn't finish the paella!! I did have 2 lovely glasses of wine though :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment