Wednesday 25 November 2015

I reach my first goal in 8 weeks!


So, anyone who has been a dieter at some point in their life knows that seeing a different number at the beginning of their weight is a huge milestone. So, I set my first goal, 1 stone and 9 lbs. Not only does this mean the number at the beginning has gone down by 2, but it was also my ‘I never get fatter than’  weight before I had my back problems.
 
Unsurprisingly I suspect, I still find it hard to say what I actually weigh or weighed. Its probably easy to guess, but I'll continue to talk around it I'm afraid.

I think most people (other than those who eat to a massive excess) seem to top out at a weight for them. Thinking about it, it’s likely to do with metabolic base rate. How much you eat, your age, height and weight and your level of exercise. I suppose this is the case for those that eat to excess too, but that they just haven’t reached the weight yet that they would max out at, eating what they do.

I was so excited when I reached my first goal, but also a little disappointed. I was really proud of myself, but then didn’t know what to set as my next goal. This is where the support of Jane Plan put me on the right track again! They reminded me that every 7lbs should be a great achievement, in fact each lb. So following my support call that week I set around 20 seperate goals. I wrote a list of all the future milestones – dress sizes, weights, a new number at the start of the weight and what I’m going to treat myself with for each.

For my first goal I treated myself to a hot stone massage. I wanted to congratulate my body. It was AMAZING!!! (the massage, not my body!) I hadn’t had anything like this in 7 years. I hadn’t felt that I was worth it. Now I had, I wanted more.

Lbs lost: 24

Lbs to go: 96

 

No comments:

Post a Comment